“Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands…if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy – because we will always want to have something else or something more.” Brother David Steindl-Rast
I don’t know about you, but I feel like I have a lot to be thankful for this year.
Eight years after opening Career Life Balance, I finally have more balance more in my life. With the exception of a few bad hair days 🙂
This year, I finally had the opportunity to prove to myself that you can be a good mother, run a successful business, and keep a household afloat all at the same time. (Something we don’t give ourselves enough credit for it and that goes for both men & women! Thankfully my hubby and I make a great team!) I had to make some sacrifices in order to achieve this, but in the end, they didn’t feel like sacrifices at all.
I learned to have fewer balls in the air at once and am much better with flexing my No Muscle. Below are some more things I accomplished this year. I’m profoundly grateful that I have had the opportunity to make these things happen for myself, my clients, my business, and my family. I know that gratitude will stay with me throughout 2011.
DQ’s (partial) Gratitude List
I am grateful that I was able to…
• Connected with many old friends on Facebook – Many trips down memory lane
• Get away with just me and Hubby
• Host Radio Show once per month verses once per week
• Launch “BrainTalk” Radio with Co-Host Tara Crawford Roth
• Serve on the Board of Directors for International Coach Federation – New England
• Hire a new assistant (Hooray!)
• Hire Video Editor & Business Coach
• Be a guest on Career, Money & Manifesting
• Guest Host Employment For All TV Show
• Take a grammar class
• Give LinkedIn Job Strategy Classes
• Teach many “Baby Boomers” how to use social media tools to land a position
• Learn from my amazing clients
• Conduct a very helpful Branding Assessment
• Go skiing with the girls
• Start work on our master garden
• Foster an 8 Year old boy sad to see him go
• Do a women’s retreat
• Buy a new car
• Take 4 weeks vacation
• Help support the launch of several new client businesses
• Coach many into new jobs and careers
• Help clients negotiate higher salaries/offers
• Contribute to three upcoming books, including 101 Ways to Enhance Your Career (published by selfgrowth.com).
• Host a gluten-free Thanksgiving at my house
• And best of all… Finally closer to adopting our incredible daughter!
One of the best things you can do when you’re feeling stuck or stymied is to make a list of things you’re grateful for. Whether they’re things you own, things you’ve accomplished, relationships you’ve preserved (or ended), or emotional connections you’ve made, these accomplishments are the true measure of your efforts. Overachievers don’t get caught up in what you haven’t done: you have the rest of your life to meet those goals. Remember that you have created the ground you stand on—so stand tall and be proud! Do this exercise for yourself and share what you are grateful for. We love hearing from you, share your comments below!
Dawn Quesnel, CPCC, PCC, known as Coach DQ, is a professional coach, radio show host and workshop leader. Through the use of her B.R.I.D.G.E. programs she helps marketing, advertising, and creative entrepreneurs navigate career or business transition while maintaining a healthy career-life balance. Her core belief that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to, consistently leads clients to uncover hidden resources and strengths. B.R.I.D.G.E. the gap and accelerate your career so you can love your life now! http://www.coachdq.com