Title: “Edgy” Sr. UI Designer
Location: Boston, MA
We are assisting our Boston, MA area client in recruiting an exceptional senior-level UI Designer to create next generation products. Candidates must be able to think in terms of the end-to-end user experience and create designs that are visually appealing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging. This role requires skills in visual design, information architecture, interaction design, and a solid understanding of current rich internet application and web technologies.
• Lead new user interface designs through the full design and development cycle (including concepts, information architecture, visual design and interaction design).
• Work directly with product managers to define product requirements focusing on customer efficiency and ease-of-use.
• Collaborate with other designers, engineers and product managers on the product definition process.
• Conduct user research and usability testing sessions.
• Leverage rapid prototyping and frequent customer interaction to inform design decisions.
• Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience designing interactive media and user interfaces for product software and web applications.
• User-centered design perspective and understanding of related design methodologies.
• Experience with user research and usability testing.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Collaborative team skills and experience working with agile development (scrum) a plus.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead a team and mentor junior designers.
• Strong visual design skills and obsessive attention to detail.
• Solid understanding of rich internet application technologies.
• Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate designs with customers.
$100-110K base range
Title: Software Engineer – Exciting Job, Amazing Company!
Location: Boston, MA
We are working with an innovative web company in the Boston, MA area that is building market changing technology. This company has a razor sharp executive team and a long list of global customers. The company has experienced year after year growth and is designing a new generation of technology functionality to expand its offerings.
As a Java Engineer, you will be part of a team of talented, fun and creative engineers who are comfortable learning new technologies and being on the cutting edge. Candidates for this role should be passionate about building high quality, scalable products in an online service that iterates rapidly.
Some key responsibilities include:
• Strong Java coding experience
• Creative, intuitive thinking. No “coding robots” wanted here!
• Actively participate in software design discussions
• Design and implement object-oriented, multithreaded systems
• Implement automated integration and unit tests
• Diagnose performance bottlenecks and implement optimizations
• 1 – 3 years of development experience
• A passion to learn the latest technologies
• Knowledge of Object-Oriented design and programming
• Proficient in Java with knowledge of SQL
• Experience with n-tier application development (Java EE, .Net)
• Excellent technical communication skills in both written and spoken
• Must be able to adapt to rapid changing technology
• Spring, Seam or Guice
• Web frameworks such as Spring MVC or Struts
• OO scripting languages such as Python, Ruby or Groovy
• JUnit, JMock and Selenium
Developers are $80-100K base range
To apply to one of the opportunities described above please email our trusted affiliate and long time friend
Elizabeth A. Sheridan, Executive Recruiter
Philip Madison Associates LLC
New York, NY
work: (917) 596-2167 fax: (646) 833-7018